What topics can I ask about here?
This site is for professional and amateur cooks and chefs, and anyone else who works in the kitchen or is interested in preparing and serving delicious meals.
If you have a question about:
- Cooking & food preparation methods
- Kitchen equipment
- Food handling and storage
- Ingredient selection and use
- Recipe comprehension, improvement, and repairs
...then you've come to the right place - we want to help you!
What about other food-related questions?
Please note that the following subjects are considered off-topic here:
- Recipe swapping ("I need a recipe for banana cream pie!")
- General health and diet issue (e.g. "Is cauliflower healthy?")
- Career advice
- Wine-making, Brewing, Distillation and Fermentation (try homebrew)
If you want to get a more detailed break down of how the site works or why a certain question is on or off topic, then you can browse the questions tagged
[faq] on the discussion site.
For more help, see "What types of questions should I avoid asking?"
If your question is not specifically on-topic for Seasoned Advice, it may be on topic for another Stack Exchange site. If no site currently exists that will accept your question, you may commit to or propose a new site at Area51, the place where new Stack Exchange communities are democratically created.