Seasoned Advice is a question and answer site for professional and amateur chefs. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

i have made the chocolate pudding and accidentally added loads of it is too sweet n too sticky..what can i do with it except throwing it out?

share|improve this question
If you post the ingredients used, we may be able to suggest something more specific. For example I could see turning it into a chocolate frosting of some kind, but it would be hard to know how without knowing what's in the original mix. Also if you can, please see the comments on this question: - as this is an international site, please clarify what definition of pudding you use :) Probably the cold "US" version, but want to be sure. – stephennmcdonald Jan 13 '11 at 8:05
@stephennmcdonald: I am definitely never going to get used to the US definition of that word! – Orbling Jan 14 '11 at 0:15

Do you have the ingredients necessary to make more? You could make a second batch, without adding sugar, and combine them.

share|improve this answer

I once ran into the same problem. I ended up making frozen pudding pops out of them. Boy were they a hit.

I just put the pudding in several ice cube trays and a few wax coated paper cups.

Pop them into the freezer.

Insert plastic spoons or popsicle sticks when it gets frozen enough to hold the spoon or stick. .

Serve with a smile, you are about to achieve 'Hero' status.

share|improve this answer
This can work because cold suppresses flavors, including sweetness. But if there's way more sugar than needed, then (a) the flavor won't be suppressed enough, and (b) chances are the pudding won't freeze very well - sugar inhibits freezing. – Marti Jan 14 '11 at 0:05

If it's stiff, it could be used to top or fill a sponge cake. Icing is sweet by design. If it isn't stiff adding more icing sugar should stiffen it enough to set.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.