Seasoned Advice is a question and answer site for professional and amateur chefs. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I want to make a lemon tart, but I want tins with straight walls, like the ones in this image.


How would I find them - is there a name I can look for? I've been unable to find them online (and they need to be shippable to Australia).

share|improve this question
I would have proposed Bed Bath and Beyond, but googling that for Australia got me here: Oops :S – Rikon Aug 10 '11 at 13:45
Meta discussion on sourcing questions:… – SAJ14SAJ Mar 20 '13 at 21:39
@SAJ14SAJ This one's a bit of an XY problem - the OP asked where to find them, but judging by the new answer, the real problem was that they didn't know what to call them. I'm tempted to just edit it to suit the new answer. – Jefromi Mar 21 '13 at 1:28
@Jefromi This is a tricky one... I am persuaded by Aaronut's argument that we should not let the quality of the answers determine our disposition of the question. – SAJ14SAJ Mar 21 '13 at 1:32
@SAJ14SAJ But we can change the question; community editing is available for a reason, and I find it's very helpful to have the attitude "what do I think of this question in its best possible form", then edit it to that form if it makes a difference. In this case, it's the difference between "where do I find X" and "how do I find X", analogous to the difference between "what's a good stand mixer" and "how do I evaluate a stand mixer." – Jefromi Mar 21 '13 at 1:41

First, those are not a "tin" which may explain why you've had trouble finding them. They are individual tart rings which must be placed on a baking sheet. Sometimes they're called flan rings or, if they're larger, cake rings.

If you do a Google search with Australia "tart ring" you'll see that plenty of baking supply businesses in AU sell them.

Good luck!

share|improve this answer
Welcome to Seasoned Advice, Kate! – Preston Fitzgerald Mar 20 '13 at 16:21

Amazon seems to have quite a bit of choice. For instance:

Mini Cheesecake Pan

6-Inch Mini Pie Pan

Straight-sided Muffin/Cornbread Pan

Alternatively maybe these cookie cutters could do?

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.