Related question: Why are Italian eggs so yellow?
Occasionally I get served a fried / poached egg with a deep yellow/orange yolk. I find it extremely appetising and visually attractive.
Sometimes eggs have very weakly coloured yolks, which is less appealing -- but I couldn't swear that the flavour is affected.
- Is there a correlation between the colour of a yolk and its flavour?
- When shopping, how can I increase my chances of getting a richly coloured yolk?
- Does free-range / barn / battery make a difference?
- Is there a correlation between price and yolk colour?
- Do egg producers and/or chefs use dirty tricks to effect a yellow yolk? Dye? Food additives?
I'm in the UK, but please feel free to give answers for other parts of the world. If you suspect they're not universal, make sure you point out your location.