I have a Simple Human Dishrack. It was kind of a splurge when I bought it. We were swayed by the good reviews. The rack does not have the typical open wire design, as you can see in the link above. The dishes drain on a wired rack onto a sloped catch tray which then empties into the sink.
We've had it for about 6 months now and I'm noticing pink mold(?) where water pools/evaporates. (On the DIY Stack Exchange an answer to one of my questions there suggests that the pink stuff could be due to fluoride that's been added by the water company.) Potentially food particles could have built up over time, too.
How should I clean this dish rack to get rid of and or prevent more of this pink stuff that's building up?
CLARIFICATION It has stainless walls, plastic bottom (which is the drip tray) and a coated metal rack (I'm not sure what the coating is).