Seasoned Advice is a question and answer site for professional and amateur chefs. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

In the past I have bought this Chinese sweet which name I cannot recall.

It is shaped in little cubes of some sort of trasparent dark jelly (not sure if it is actually gelatine, but it has a gelatinous consistency) containing peanuts and covered with slightly roasted white sesame seeds.

Does anyone know their name and can possibly tell me how to make them?

share|improve this question
Are you talking about "zi mah goh", sesame jello?… (no sesame seeds in this picture) – Daniel Chui Sep 17 '14 at 17:44

You may be thinking of Fah Sung Thong. You can find a recipe for it here.

share|improve this answer
It looks similar, but with way less peanuts. The base is pretty much all jelly (it vaguely resembles to a lokum). – nico Apr 21 '12 at 15:46
Definitely jelly? It's soft? – ElendilTheTall Apr 21 '12 at 18:11
Yes it is soft. I has jelly-like consistency, but I don't know whether it is actually made with gelatin. – nico Apr 21 '12 at 18:16

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.