Pretty much always when I make yoghurt myself, the homemade version comes out much thinner, much more liquid, than the store-bought yoghurt that is used to produce my yoghurt. How can I make it thicker? Should I increase/decrease the temperature? Add other ingredients (I just heat milk, add yoghurt, stir it, and then put it away in a closed container for 10 hours or so)?
Any general ideas on how to make yoghurt thicker?
- I take the milk from the fridge and I start heating this directly.
- Right from the start, I also add the yoghurt, straight from the fridge as well.
- I'll continuously (slowly) stir the milk
- Once it reaches about 40 degrees Centigrade I'll take it off (but perhaps my rustic measure with the temperature is off)
- I then put the lid on the pan I used to heat the milk, wrap this in blankets, and put it away overnight.
- Next morning, yoghurt is ready - but quite liquid.