I am going to make Gravlax and found the following recipe:
- 2 or 3 salmon fillets, deboned with skin on
- 2 lemon, peel rasped/finely grated
- 1 orange, peel rasped/finely grated
- 300 mills sugar (by volume)
- 150 mills kosher salt (by volume)
- 50 grams dill, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fennel seed, toasted ground
Question 1: I am assuming that by "mills" he means milliliters. It seems highly unlikely that it could mean anything else, but I hate guessing. Does anybody know for sure?
Question 2: By "2 or 3 salmon fillets", does he mean 2-3 whole sides of salmon, or 2-3 portion-sized pieces of salmon fillet? Judging by the amount of salt and sugar (assuming of course that I am right in thinking that "mills" == milliliters) I think it should be the former.