Namkeen Mathi/Mathri translates to salty, chewy, and crisp biscuits in English.
2 cups plain flour (maida)
2. Add just enough water to the flour mixture and knead into a hard dough.
- How hard should the dough be so that the resultants biscuits are chewy NOT HARD?
- Why can't pure Wheat flour replace Maida since the recipe asks for a hard dough?
* Semolina (suji) - 1/3 cup
Above recipe asks only for Maida, but this one (for the same dish) asks for Semolina as well.
- What would addition of Semolina do to the Namkeen Mathri?