I've been having a problem lately with my potstickers sticking to my pan too much. This didn't start happening until recently.
I'm using my stainless fry pan rather than a nonstick. Mostly, because I like this pan the most. But perhaps I'm just using the wrong tool for the job.
I've tried to let them cook longer after the water has evaporated even until some of the bottoms burned as an experiment. even then some still stuck.
Here is my current method.
- Get pan hot over medium high heat.
- Add a couple tablespoons of olive oil. I've tried more and less with little change.
- Let oil heat to ripple.
- Add potstickers.
- Add .5 to .75 cups of water.
- cover and steam for about 10 minutes.
- Let dumplings fry for a minute or two.