It was my first try to canning tomato sauce but I failed.
- I prepared a tomato pizza sauce.
- I boiled a jar and lid then removed it
- I filled the jar with sauce and left one inch empty space and closed with the lid.
Then I put it in the boiling water and what happened:
- As soon as I put the jar in the hot boiling water, some air bubbles appeared.
- Then after few seconds, the jar broke from its bottom
And I failed in my first experiment.
What should I be doing differently for this not to happen next time?