You can make chips and halwa from half-ripe/ripe jack fruit,its famous snack in Indian states
Even though the process of making chips is time consuming,the taste is explainable First step is to open the raw fruit then chop off the middle stem and pull out the the jack fruit ,then deseed it and slice into thin slices
Ingredients for chips.
Jack fruit- 1 medium size
Method of preparation
· Remove fleshy part of Jack fruit from the seeds and slice them into long strips.
· Deep fry in oil.
· Sprinkle some salt water in the oil
· Deep fry till it turns yellow and crisp
· When the chips are done keep the fried chips In an air tight container
For jackfruit halwa :
Ingredients for Halwa
Half Ripe jack fruit- 1 medium size
Cardamom powder-1 tbs
Dried ginger powder-1 tsp
Sugar-2 tbs(for sprinkling on the top when Halwa is done.)
Method of preparation.
· Clean and deseed the jack fruit.
· Grind them coarsely using a mixer grinder
· Heat jaggery along with 1/2 cup water to form a syrup.Strain the syrup for impurities and keep aside
· Heat a thick bottomed vessel(usually uruli, but anything would do) add ¼ cup ghee, and the jack fruit paste along with the jaggery syrup and cook on medium heat , stirring continuously. Do not increase the heat,to prevent it from sticking to the vessel. Add 1 tsp of ghee,whenever it starts to stick probably in every 15 minutes. …(Use a long handled ladle with a flat end so that our hands will be safe from the hot splutters, when the pulp boils and bubbles over ). Continue the process,until it turns dark brown colored and starts to come from the edges ,Add cardamom powder and dry ginger powder and stir for some more time to get thick and tight Halwa.
Transfer the Halwa into a plate and mark with a knife to our desired shape. Sprinkle sugar over it and Allow it to cool naturally
After cooling take out the Halwa and keep it in an airtight container.
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 1 hour 30 min
Ready in: 2 hours
Hope it helps.