Seasoned Advice is a question and answer site for professional and amateur chefs. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

This question already has an answer here:

What is the UK equivalent of US 'baking flour' and does the term 'sour cream' describe the same product in both countries?

share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by SAJ14SAJ, Mien, talon8, Aaronut Nov 1 '13 at 13:54

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

I'm not familiar with "baking flour" in the US - could it be "cake flour"? – KatieK Sep 30 '13 at 16:29

Typically referred to as "soured cream" in the UK, it is the same as "sour cream" in the US.

While there are many different types of flour, Baking flour is the same in the UK as it is in the US.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.