Seasoned Advice is a question and answer site for professional and amateur chefs. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I opened my bag of beets and there is a bit of mold on some of them. Are they safe to cook and eat. Also are they safe to use for pickled beets?

share|improve this question
I just carve it off and eat the rest. – zipquincy Dec 9 '13 at 18:53

If you can cut out the moldy parts and the mold has not moved deep into the beet then yes. Just make sure you cut it all out.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.