Sign up ×
Seasoned Advice is a question and answer site for professional and amateur chefs. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Italian pastry made at Christmas.


  • Eggs
  • Flour
  • Whiskey
  • Sugar
  • Vanilla
  • Shortening

Then deep fried, and covered with powdered sugar are called "CRUSTELLIS" OR "CRUSTOLI".

Instead of powdered sugar they were also given a honey bath. What is the name of the ones dipped in honey, is it "SCALEDEE"?

share|improve this question
Strufalli… – Optionparty Dec 22 '13 at 19:48

1 Answer 1

I think you mean Strufoli. It is indeed Italian and typical for Christmas.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.