Seasoned Advice is a question and answer site for professional and amateur chefs. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

My mom uses this in India. It is very convenient, has 5 types of detachable blades - some are smooth for mixing, while some sharp for chopping. I haven't been able to find a similar product on amazon.

enter image description here

share|improve this question
Did you search for "stick mixer"?… or – setek Jul 10 '14 at 2:27
Yes, I couldn't find having chopping blades. – elexhobby Jul 10 '14 at 2:35
You're very welcome. You should be happy with that one, the reviews are very good, it seems to be a quality product. As a matter of fact, that one would replace my mini food processor that just died and I've wanted an immersion blender for some time, so I'm going to get it too :) – Jolenealaska Jul 10 '14 at 2:54
Yes, the reviews are indeed good. I ordered one. :) – elexhobby Jul 10 '14 at 3:28
@Jolenealaska Once you have an immersion blender you'll find yourself wondering how you ever survived without one. – Carey Gregory Jul 10 '14 at 4:43
up vote 4 down vote accepted

That's a hand blender, or immersion blender. They're common, Amazon has a bunch of them.

Here's one with interchangeable blades.

share|improve this answer
Side note: They're sometimes called "liquidisers" in the UK/Commonwealth. Mind your spelling ;-) – hoc_age Jul 10 '14 at 15:54
That looks sooo weird with an S. – Jolenealaska Jul 10 '14 at 16:27
Didn't mean to be disruptive; OP mentioned India and it seemed relevant. Do you prefer "liquidiser" (sans trailing s), or "liquidiserz" (in the "can haz" sense)? ;-) A Google search for "liquidiser" returns many more useful results for this topic than does "liquidizer" (which looks sooo weird; won't you agree?). – hoc_age Jul 10 '14 at 17:52
@hoc_age :) Not disruptive at all. I just find the British "ise" odd looking, being more accustomed to the American "ize" – Jolenealaska Jul 12 '14 at 3:22

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.