I have recently been given some wild black morel mushrooms. I know that you aren't supposed to eat them raw, as they contain toxins which must be cooked out (at least now I know that... good thing I ...
I was pulling the stems out of some mushroom caps today - we save the stems and make broth out of them - when I discovered that some stems weren't coming out all the way. Have a look: Mushroom ...
Assume I have found and want to eat a to me unknown kind of mushroom. Is there some way to find out if that mushroom is poisonous by looking/smelling/soaking it?
What happens inside mushrooms when you reheat them? Is it always unsafe to reheat them or is there something you can do to safely reheat them?