Tag Info

New answers tagged


The FDA has a page for color additives and a separate one for food additives. They're fairly concise; they refer to but don't link to the complete documents. (I'll try and find those at some point.) For the EU, I believe you want E numbers. There's actually a pretty solid E number article on Wikipedia. On the EU site, there's a list of authorized food ...


The EU has a list of food additives in which everything is given a number (so you don't have to deal with companies trying to hide things using alternate names): https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/sanco_foods/main/?sector=FAD Many of the colorings are under Group II and Group III, but many other items (eg, fruit and vegetable juices) can be used as coloring, ...

Top 50 recent answers are included