Tag Info

New answers tagged

-1

When heating or reheating in a microwave uses microwave safe cup of water. Microwaves cook from the inside out or bottom up. That's why dishes are hot on the bottom. Anything with cheese on it the outside will but use more cheese on the edges and less in the center which will not get all melty as fast. Stir the food if possible to get it to heat evenly. Cook ...


1

Try putting a mug of water next to the food in the microwave. I've had this same problem with baker's chocolate and that did the trick. I think it's because there isn't enough water to absorb the microwaves so the excess energy causes sparking.


3

The spark was a voltage jumping over a gap somewhere. This may occur again, but so long as the magnetron survives, you should be okay. The problem with sparks is they can leave a carbon trail deep inside which is conductive and may actually make the next spark occur at a slightly lower voltage. If this happens enough, you will eventually (or shortly) damage ...


2

I haven't had this problem thankfully, but I would think that if it seems to function ok, then you can continue using it. After a bit of research I also found this: I accidentally put something metal in my friend's microwave about 3 years ago. The metal was covered in plastic so I didn't realize what I was doing. The smell was really bad, but to this ...


4

Depends on what sort of noodles, but you could cook them with less water. If you cook the noodles with 'just enough' water it will all be absorbed during cooking, so there will be none left to drain. This would probably be quicker, as there is less water for the microwave to heat up. Also, if the noodles have any sort of seasoning, draining the water could ...


6

Do you like your noodles swimming in water? If not, drain them.


0

Depending where you live there are plenty of cheap PET recyclable cups? Cheap PP and PET cups are made by partially punching circles in a continuous sheet of raw plastic, and then these circles are heat punched into cup shapes. The vertical stress lines on PET (a harder material) will open up with hot liquids PET will also start to deform above 90°C. ...


0

When I want a hot dog, I like to split it down the center, place some thin sliced cheese in it and wrap it with fully cooked bacon, secure with toothpick and set microwave for 30 seconds.


1

I'd guess there are many factors. For instance, in manufacturing, small differences in raw material cost and process requirements can have a big impact. However, in this case, I'd say it comes down to temperature resistance: polyester (PET or PETE) does not do well at high temperatures, PP does. A reusable cup for microwave use is going to have hot ...


0

I have the same issue and it is NOT because the milk has approached the expiration date when it's a day old or too high of a microwave setting when it dues thus randomly. What I've found is that it may be a chemical reaction with the rinsing agent in your dishwasher and milk.


3

The problem you are facing is that your microwave temperature is too high and boils your milk too rapidly. The microwave does not heat food evenly and boils the milk too fast. Milk shouldn't be boiled too rapidly and doing this causes the casein in it to clump together and that curdles the milk. It should instead be brought 'to a boil' by heating on a slow ...


0

Check the temperature/heat rating that you are setting on the microwave. Very likely its a bit too high and that's the reason why it has a similar reaction as to when lemon juice or vinegar is added to milk.



Top 50 recent answers are included