I had a brie cheese in the fridge and got extra mold built up on the area where it was cut. Note that I had other food getting moldy in the fridge, but those were dark mold. The brie got a white mold, similar the one of the rind. Is it safe to cut and eat? I'm coming out of a stomach gripe, so would not like to take a risk. Thank you!
....Honestly I'm guessing it is the penicillium candidum (the normal white brie mold), but you can't know from looking at the picture. Common sensically speaking, if the brie was properly wrapped up, then the other molds in your fridge are unlikely to have gotten a foothold on your brie, BUT it is possible for the other completely unknown molds in your fridge to have taken up residence without having formed visible colonies. So from that perspective, better safe than sorry.
Personally, as someone with a healthy immune system, if it were a fairly pricey brie, I'd cut off and toss the exposed edges of the brie, wrap it in puff pastry or pie crust, and bake it. But if it were fairly cheap, I'd probably toss it, and I hate wasting food and money.
It's the same mold that grows on the rind. Just eat it.