I was grilling today and due to lack of equipment, needed to use a silicone turner to remove cooked burgers from the grill, after the gas was off.

Seeing as I may have exceeded the maximum temperature range rating, I checked for obvious damage to the turner (i.e., melting) of which there is none.

Is there any other damage inspection I should give the silicone turner, or is it safe to use? Thank you!

1 Answer 1


If the utensil is not visibly damaged in any way, it's fine.

Even if it were visibly damaged, there's no known toxicities associated with overheated silicone, so you'd still be safe; it would just be less useful.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.