What options do the best cooktops (or complete gas stoves) have to regulate gas flow in cases of variable gas source pressure?

For example, I don't want my cooking to be affected when the furnace in my house switches on (which would reduce the gas flow to my stove if it simply used a partially-open mechanical valve).

I could imagine an expensive cooktop with some feedback mechanism to make sure gas flow is constant, or even to maintain some measured temperature, but I have never seen such a thing. Is feedback ever used?

  • I'm not sure this wouldn't be better on diy.stackexchange.com or even law.stackexchange.com but if your house is so seriously under-gassed [& you can't get redress from the relevant authorities] then you must reduce the 'greed' of the appliance that 'steals' from the rest - otherwise one day something will explode. – Tetsujin Sep 30 '19 at 6:29
  • I'm voting to close this question as off-topic because it is more an engineering problem than cooking. – Erica Oct 9 '19 at 2:26

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.