My wife got this from a thrift store for a good price; and hey, it would be good for something. The bottom plate has several long slender slots.

Weird tongs Any ideas?

1 Answer 1


This looks like fish tongs. Basically, it's a flat, broad spatula on one side, and a smaller facing surface that can hold a fillet intact while turning it over.

  • I wondered if it was a fish tong, but that little round loop, threw me for a loop. Oct 11, 2019 at 2:06
  • 1
    Yeah, it's an unusual configuration. There are no real standards to a fish time shape based on what I saw trying to image search, so I'm going to assume somebody tried to innovate with the design :)
    – Erica
    Oct 11, 2019 at 2:53

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.