What is the kitchen device shown here? I found it in the kitchen and it is about 18 inches long.

enter image description here

  • 1
    Information such as any writing, etching on the tool or information on when and where it was bought might help identify.
    – zetaprime
    Jan 10, 2020 at 7:28
  • Could it be a cheese slicer? Jan 11, 2020 at 1:26
  • 2
    To me that looks like it's the handle for something, and that this 'something' is supposed to slide over the wires - the springiness of the wires holding it on. Similarly to the way in which a paint roller can be separated into the handle (with springy wires) and the actual roller (a cylinder which slides over the wires).
    – brhans
    Jan 13, 2020 at 16:23
  • I'm actually thinking something that is meant to stretch muslin or other cloth for sifting, but not really sure.
    – FuzzyChef
    Jan 13, 2020 at 19:11
  • 2
    This looks like a duster to me. I have one that looks identical; it has a microfiber cloth with a pocket that slips over the wires. Similar to amazon.com/OXO-Good-Grips-Microfiber-Duster/dp/B00940DV6W.
    – ceejayoz
    Jan 14, 2020 at 18:36

1 Answer 1


I actually think that is an old-style duster handle, not a food processing tool. Used with disposable dusting units with a tube that slides over then handle. It is clearly not for cooking IMHO. Something like this more modern unit. I could be wrong, but that's certainly what it looks like> enter image description here

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.