Earlier I was trying to describe which part of a zester to use and realized I have no idea what the different parts are called. I fell back on google, and was surprised to find nothing, there are plenty of zesters for sale, and plenty of people incorrectly calling microplane graters zesters but no terminology.

What are these parts of a zester called?

Zester Parts


#1 is the zester.
#2 is called a channel knife, and is used to create a wider strip of zest for garnish.

  • # Headers made me smile ;-)
    – unlisted
    Apr 28 '20 at 12:59
  • not exactly sure how that happened...thanks for the edit
    – moscafj
    Apr 28 '20 at 13:01
  • a hashtag [US Pound] at the head of a line will give it "Big Header" status. You can mask them with a backslash.
    – unlisted
    Apr 28 '20 at 13:03
  • So you're saying the reason I couldn't find what a zester was called, was because it's called a zester? I wish I could put a facepalm emoji in my comment!
    – GdD
    Apr 28 '20 at 13:52
  • 1
    You mean like this? 🤦‍♂️ ;)
    – unlisted
    Apr 28 '20 at 14:29

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.