I have 3 new Lodge cast iron pans I got from amazon.
They seem to not be nonstick whatsoever and after cooking I see large patches of silver or what appears to be bare metal.
They came pre-seasoned. I seasoned them again 6 to 10 times each before use following this method:
1) Apply layer of flaxseed or grapeseed oil (on one pan I used grapeseed and the other 2 flaxseed to compare).
2) wipe down until pan looks clean
3) place in cold oven upside down and crank heat to 500 f.
4) once oven reached 500, set timer for 1 hour.
5) after 1 hour, turn off oven and let pans cool inside oven for about 2 to 4 hours
Repeat 6 to 10 times.
Never used soap to wash. No steel wool. Sponge only. Never used metal utensils. Used wooden spatula to scrape off stuck on food.
Every time this happens and I'm starting to wonder if I should just toss them away. I spent a lot of money. Help.