I have been reading posts in the internet, but it just made me more confused. My conclysions after reading several posts of different websites:
- Some say that sushi (the rice) with sashimi (raw fish) should be safe, but the cooked food shouldn't (this fact shocked me a little bit as I would expect the opposite).
- Others say completely the opposite, as I was expecting. Even like 16h after storing it in the fridge, if it has sashimi (raw fish) it should be thrown (depending on the freshness of the fish. If you ordered it, its impossible to know).
I went at a friend's place yesterday at about 22:00. We chilled (using this verb in the cooking exchange just sounds weird, sorry) for a few hours and then I went home, not without taking the enormous sushi tray that was leftovers from a few hours before I went there.
- The sushi tray was on the table, not in the fridge. So my friends probably ate and then went to the living room without putting it inside the fridge. Let's say 5h passed.
- When I got home, I immediately stored it inside the fridge.
- Some sushi has raw fish (sashimi), some has cooked stuff (like japanese omelette) and I think there are some vegetarian or vegan ones.
Picture of the tray: