As per the instructions on the oatmeal package, I make it like this:
- I take a bowl.
- I put 1 dl oatmeal into it.
- I put 2 dl water on top of it.
- I put 0.65 grams of salt on top of it.
- I mix them together with a spoon.
- I microwave it at 750 watts for 2 minutes.
- I take it out and mix it with the spoon again.
- I wait for a few seconds and then apply a spoon of lingonberry "jam" (the kind where you can see individual berries).
- I pour some milk over this and eat it.
What exactly is the salt for? Is it purely for taste, or does it actually cause some kind of chemical reaction which makes it cook properly or something?