I got this (dutch) recipe on Twitter a few months back. Translated it's called: apple with bubbles. I made it, and it was nice, simple process, and produced a nice summer style drink. But I was wondering, what did I make, and which parts can I try to vary with?
- Put in a big jar: 1 apple (small chunks), 1 slice of lemon, 500ml water, 1 tsp honey, 20gr sugar, 1 tsp fennel seeds, 1 cinnamon stick
- Cover jar with cheesecloth
- For 3-4 days, put it somewhere without direct sunlight, stir/shake it twice a day. (So get some nice fermentation going)
- Transfer/filter through cheesecloth liquid into a bottle
- Leave the bottle outside the fridge for 2 days, make sure to releave it of pressure.
- Put the bottle in the fridge for 2 days minimum. After that you have a week to drink it
So, uhm, what did I make, and which elements are essential for the process?