I've seem videos of such cakes where the frosting is in molten/semi-liquid form sitting on top of the cake, and held up by packaging (usually a piece of hard plastic wrap around the cake). Upon lifting the wrap the frosting flows down and covers the cake, which is beautiful to watch.

I was searching hard on the internet but couldn't find the right keyword. What are these kind of cakes called?

1 Answer 1


Ok found it. they're called pull-me-up cakes or tsunami cakes or in my opinion quite ambiguously, doll cakes.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.