I have this nice recipe of chocolate-matcha pie in which the ganache is made in the following way.
- boil 1dl milk with 2dl cream
- add 50g sugar and let it melt
- cut the fire and add 200g dark chocolate
- mix well until chocolate is melted
- wait 10min and add two eggs and mix well
The resulting ganache is then to be put inside an almost cooked dough, and then cooked for 20min at 150°C.
My problem is the following.
The original recipe said to add 1 ts of matcha tea powder at step 5.
The result is good but the flavor of matcha is weak, almost vanishing. I tried adding it at step 4, but same issue. I don't know if I should add more of matcha powder or what could be the problem.
Also : I am filtering the matcha before putting the ganache inside the pie. Obviously the taste would be stronger without this step but then I fear the consistency would be wasted by some lumps.