I've made a Massaman curry with Topside beef. I've cooked the curry for 2 hours now, the meat breaks up when pushed with a spoon but feels very tough and firm and not soft and falling apart like I hoped.
Any idea whats' wrong and if I can fix it somehow?
- I seared the chunks prior to adding them to the curry.
- The curry has been cooked on low-to-medium heat for 2 hours
- The meat was slightly still frozen when seared (still easy to cut with a knife just a bit icy)
- I've cut the meat into chunks of about 2 inches x 2 inches x 1 inches
- The meat was advertised as lean top side