I have a stainless steel sort of double boiler made in Israel, but the top only has one cylindrical steam vent sticking up about 3 inches off center. What would it be used for?

  • 2
    Welcome to the site Barbara. Any chance you could post a picture of the item in question?
    – bob1
    Mar 10 at 23:22
  • From what I understand (we would thank a picture!), a double boiler you mean that the bottom part can have water or whatever, and the top part will get the heat/steam from the bottom part. If that's the case, that is the reason it needs the steam vent. It must go outside somehow
    – M.K
    Mar 11 at 5:17

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.