Why is the foam removed? Here is the recipe I am following, from Chinese Cooking Demystified.
- Soybeans, 200g
- Water, 2.4L
- Sugar, to taste (we used 3 tbsp)
- Pick out any bad soybeans, rinse.
- Put your water ~2 inches above your soybeans, soak overnight.
- Blend on high for ~4 minutes. We used the smoothie setting on our blender.
- Transfer to a wok or stockpot. Medium high flame.
- Stir and get the soymilk up to 100C.
- Boil at 100C for 15 minutes, removing the foam.
- Taste, make sure it's not bitter.
- Strain through a tofu or cheesecloth. Twist and squeeze out what's left, ~3-5 minutes. Get as much as you can!
- Season with sugar, to taste. We used ~3 tbsp.