I'm attempting a recipe for buckwheat milk from Blissful Basil.
The recipe calls for the following ingredients:
- 1 cup raw buckwheat groats
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 cups filtered water
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
and quoting the first instruction step:
In an airtight container, combine the buckwheat groats and apple cider vinegar. Cover with warm water and soak for 8 hours or overnight. Drain and thoroughly rinse with cool water.
The exact amount of "warm water" is not specified anywhere in the recipe. The "3 cups of filtered water" in the ingredient list is meant for another instruction step.
Have emailed the creator of this recipe but there was no response from her on this, hence I'm posting my question here and hoping to get some inputs!