When making dosa or pizza, I like to try to get the dosa or pizza crust to be crispy, so I often cook or bake a bit longer. I can achieve crispiness, but it seems to come at the expense of making them "tough," as in a bit hard to chew.
Here's my dosa recipe:
- 2 cups (412g) urad dal
- 4 tbsp (52g) chana dal
- 2 tsp (6g) methi (fenugreek) seeds
- 6 cups (1226g) sona masuri rice
- 1/2 cup (58g) poha
- 1 tbsp kosher salt (must be non iodized)
- 5 cups water to blend dal
- 2 cup water to blend rice
What is the science behind why this happens and how do I avoid it?