I've been toying with my risotto recipe but I still can't make rice nice and smooth. Here is what I use;
Cup Arborio rice (from Whole Foods) Kettle and Fire Chicken Broth 32oz small diced carrot, garlic, celery, shallots leeks slices of shiitake (about 3-4 whole shiitake)
I make risotto as follows;
- Sauté carrots,and celeries and then garlic, shallots and leeks.
- Add 1 cup of rice, sautéed a bit and add white wine.
- When wine is almost gone, start adding a scoop of hot(almost boiling) stock.
- Stir occasionally and add additional stock when the precious stock is almost gone.
- Add butter and seasoning.
The whole thing takes about 30-40min. At the end, I check and make sure risotto is nicely done. It gets creamy but when I taste it, arborio rice is still grainy; it is almost like a grain of rice breaks down in small pieces.
I followed some of the suggestion in the previous post; How can I make my risotto less firm?
but I am still getting the same result. I'd really appreciate any pointers to this.