I accidentally used a dirty measuring cup that was in sink to fill my pot to make mac n cheese, I thought I washed it good but after eating I seen sediment at the bottom of it, the water boiled for 14minutes, should I be worried?

  • Sorry, "should I be worried" is an opinion-based question. The only thing we can judge is safe/not safe, as defined by regulations - and I think you are already aware that regulations require using clean utensils. From there on, it is impossible to calculate any kind of objective risk amount.
    – rumtscho
    Jun 12 at 17:08

1 Answer 1


Unless you previously used your measuring cup for toxic substances, or perhaps it contained rotten or mouldy food, and then failed to clean it, you should not worry.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.