I made mash potatoes two nights ago and I left the pot that I made them in on top of the stove for two days before washing it.
I’ve been sick and got around to it today. The majority of the potato had been scrapped out two days ago and there was just a small a mount of potato left.
After washing the pot in the sink with other dishes I googled dangers of leaving mash potato out and it came up with botulism.
Now I’m terrified because the pot was covered by a wooden cutting board which would have stopped oxygen and I didn’t eat it but I would have spread it to my other dishes in the sink and I also have a cut on my finger and it says you can get botulism from cuts.
Now I’m terrified,