-1

I was going to melt some chocolate but j forgot that there were left over sea weed chips on my microwave. Without remembering about it, I started the timer and immediately heard a spark. But i shrug it out. When i saw the fire, I took the chips out but it left a burnt mark on the side. It seems like some walls are a bit melted. And the ceiling of the microwave have rough patches on it. Can I still use the microwave??

7
  • How long was the fire going on in the microwave before you put it out?
    – GdD
    Aug 3 at 10:04
  • 1
    I’m voting to close this question because it is about the safety of electrical equipment - we are not qualified to diagnose this, especially from afar. See our on- and offtopic list in the help center.
    – rumtscho
    Aug 3 at 14:21
  • @rumtscho, we've answered questions about microwaves before cooking.stackexchange.com/questions/107969/… . If those are on-topic why not this?
    – GdD
    Aug 3 at 16:03
  • 1
    @GdD the rule is very new, and I suppose the questions you have in mind are older than that. See cooking.meta.stackexchange.com/questions/3701/… for the discussion which created the rule.
    – rumtscho
    Aug 3 at 16:18
  • That's fair enough, I'm all for the narrow definition.
    – GdD
    Aug 3 at 16:24

1 Answer 1

-1

As long as there are no new visible holes in the inner metal sheet walls, your microwave is safe.

You may want to clean it from inside.

Be sure not to use free flowing liquids (damp tissues are OK).

Burnt smell, on the other hand, can prove difficult to eradicate if there was prolonged fire (1-2 minutes or more) inside.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.