I recently bought two stainless steel pans, and have used them about two or three times each. Today, I got them out of the dishwasher and boiled water in each of them. When I removed the water, they looked like the photos below.
I didn't really check them when getting them before grabbing them out of the dishwasher, but one of them looked pretty clean. However, they'd been sitting there (mostly dry) for a day or so. I'm concerned they're mold spots, but others online say you can get white build up on stainless steel, and to clean it with vinegar.
Are the spots mold?