I have a glass/ceramic bowl. I've used the bowl so now I gotta wash it; instead of using a dish cleaner I manually wash it with soap and rinse it off with hot steamy water for about 1 minute. I pour the water out. There is some residual water inside the bowl and outside it. The bowl also comes with a lid (silicone).
Onto the drying part, should I...
- close the bowl with the lid and call it a day?
- not close the bowl and let it air dry?
- wipe the residual off with a clean dishcloth?
I've thought of some counter-arguments for each but I don't know how true and valid they are:
- lid is not hermetic, but can seal off most bacteria from forming... Or not?
- there might be bacteria, but it might dry along with the air/sun... Or not?
- the dishcloth might also have contaminants even if it's coming from the drying machine... Or not?