Does anyone know which is the dish where we have a pot/pan of boiling vegetables/meat in the center and people sit around it with their noodles and soup bowls and keep picking things from it and eating?

2 Answers 2


I think you mean a hot-pot stew (huǒ guō). There are many styles, Wikipedia has a fairly good article about it.



In Japan they call it nabe. Sometimes they add rice to it instead of noodles. As nico pointed out it is essentially a hot pot stew.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.