I would like to sell a pair of stemmed glasses, but do not know what to call them. They are quite large (7.5" tall, and the bowl is 5.75" wide) and say "0.5 deru" on them, but have no other makers mark. They seem too big to be called Margarita glasses or cocktail glasses, but I can't find any other suitable name for them. I am unable to post a picture of them. If anyone knows what they are called, I would sincerely appreciate it!

Thank you!!

  • 3
    You'll probably find them here derudesign.com/index.php?site=produkte&lang=engl – Dr. belisarius Jun 29 '13 at 3:28
  • 2
    Thank you for the info!! I didn't see them there, but you DID help me figure one important fact out -- I thought 'deru' was a unit of measurement or something - ha, not the name of the maker!! Thank you!! :-) – leah1020 Jun 29 '13 at 18:09

This(I guess you mean these glasses) is a glass used to serve Berliner Weisse , in Berlin(where this drink comes from), we simply call it "Berliner Weisse Glass".


From your description, they sound like what I've heard called a 'fishbowl margarita glass'.

... or it looks like just 'fishbowl glass' might be more correct. Are either of these close?



Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.