I am in Australia but the recipes are from the US. I can't seem to find out what kind they would be.

  • I edited out your "thank you", just because we don't do that here, neither do we use all caps. Welcome to Seasoned Advice! I hope you take a look around, it's a great site for learning all things culinary. – Jolenealaska Dec 15 '13 at 3:17

In US recipes "individually wrapped caramels" will always mean the soft variety. If the writer of the recipe wants you to use hard, the recipe will say "hard". Recipes that ask for "individually wrapped caramels" are looking for this:


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.