I'm about to make a batch of dill pickles. The recipe it pretty straightforward:
- A batch of firm baby cucumbers
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of vinegar
- 1 heaping tablespoon of salt
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1 pinch of red pepper flakes
The instructions are also pretty straightforward. Sterilize the canning equipment (jars, lids, seals) in boiling water for at least five minutes. Add the washed cucumbers to the jars, boil the water, vinegar, and everything else, and add it to the jar as well. Seal the jars, and then process them in a large pot of boiling water for five minutes. All to cool over 24 hours, and they're good for a year.
Does this sound about right? I don't want them to spoil.
Thank you in advance!
- How to Make Pickles, Accessed 2014-04-02,