In a recipe from the UK it says to turn the GRILL to high and place food on baking sheet as close to grill as possible. This sounds like a Broiler in US. Am i correct?


Yes, a grill in the UK is essentially the same thing as a top broiler. In the UK, and most of western Europe, ovens are electric and have no separate drawer - the grill is a heating element at the top of the oven. Ovens come with a tray that slots in at the top, similar to a broiler pan.


Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.