Trying to find a recipe for my older neighbors. they think it's called steurens or steuritz... seems to be riced potatoes made into either dumplings or noodles... can't find anything named that online.... has anyone hear of this? Many thanks!

  • 2
    Do you know the ethnicity of the recipe? Or the language the recipe name would be in?
    – Jolenealaska
    May 22, 2014 at 21:14
  • Hi Nanette. Welcome to Seasoned Advice. It sounds like you're on an interesting hunt. I'm with @Jolenealaska. Some sort of nationality would be helpful. When I hear potato dumpling I think of things like gnocchi, pierogi, or spätzle, the latter bearing a closer resemblance to your words.
    – Preston
    May 25, 2014 at 3:41

1 Answer 1


It might be the dish called "Sterz", common in Switzerland, Austria, and a little further away in Slovenia and Croatia.

  • I think you've nailed it!
    – Jolenealaska
    May 23, 2014 at 4:50
  • Google translates sterz as mush :) Awesome.
    – Jolenealaska
    May 23, 2014 at 5:04

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.