Trying to find a recipe for my older neighbors. they think it's called steurens or steuritz... seems to be riced potatoes made into either dumplings or noodles... can't find anything named that online.... has anyone hear of this? Many thanks!

  • 2
    Do you know the ethnicity of the recipe? Or the language the recipe name would be in? – Jolenealaska May 22 '14 at 21:14
  • Hi Nanette. Welcome to Seasoned Advice. It sounds like you're on an interesting hunt. I'm with @Jolenealaska. Some sort of nationality would be helpful. When I hear potato dumpling I think of things like gnocchi, pierogi, or spätzle, the latter bearing a closer resemblance to your words. – Preston May 25 '14 at 3:41

It might be the dish called "Sterz", common in Switzerland, Austria, and a little further away in Slovenia and Croatia.

  • I think you've nailed it! – Jolenealaska May 23 '14 at 4:50
  • Google translates sterz as mush :) Awesome. – Jolenealaska May 23 '14 at 5:04

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.