I bought a new 1-pound bread machine. After many tries, the machine has yet to make any bread. I am using all raw ingredients, as the local supermarket does not sell any bread machine mixes.
- I tried following some of the recipes in the included recipe book and marketing video, which requires that the the flour and yeast be placed in the machine last, on top of the liquid ingredients.
- I also tried these Bread Machine Bread steps from Allrecipes.com, which asks for the yeast, 40°C water, and sugar to be placed in the machine first, to sit for 10 minutes, but I used the ingredient measurements described in the machine's recipe book, as my machine is only 1 lb.
- Some recipes on-line call for "bread machine yeast", but I can only find "dry active yeast".
After the clock reached 0, I opened the machine and always found either: (a) the ingredients just compacted and cracked, but dry and not mixed up or (b) a yellow, jelly-like blob, somewhat baked, but still soft, with unmixed, still dry and powdery flour at the top.
- What do I need to do to get my bread machine to work?
- Do I need to mix the ingredients before putting them into the machine?